This ancient Roman glass pendant necklace was handcrafted in Israel and features an oval shaped pendant overlaid with a filigree cut cross. The pendant surface is inlaid with iridescent shards of glass that originate from 2000 year old glass fragments discovered on archaeological digs in Israel. The weathering of the glass over time, as well the glass composition, creates the intriguing aqua hued colors and shimmering reflective light that are present in Roman glass jewelry. Each Roman glass pendant is beautifully unique and slight variations in color and/or pattern are to be expected.
Ancient Israel was one of the largest glass producers of the Roman Empire due to the presence of large stretches of sandy beaches and dunes. These same sands helped preserve, shape, and temper the lustrous glass used in Roman glass jewelry. Each glass fragment has been textured and colored by centuries of soil, pressure, wind and weather.
- Manufactured in and imported from the Holy Land.
- Ships same/next day from Williamsburg, Virginia. Free US shipping on orders over $100. DETAILS
- Roman glass pendant measures: 20mm x 17mm
- Chain: 18", 20", & 24" sterling silver chain options are available
- Each Roman glass necklace is gift boxed for presentation and includes a Certificate of Authenticity. Additional gift wrap options available.
The glass used to create each pendant is over 2000 years old, so be sure to treat it with gentle care.To preserve the delicate patina do not allow glass to come in contact with water or chemicals. Please be sure to remove your necklace prior to swimming or showering. We suggest using a jewelry cleaning/polishing cloth to help your sterling silver jewelry maintain its original luster and brilliant shine.
Click or tap here to view our collection of gemstone and pearl cross pendant necklaces.
Click or tap here to view our entire collection of ladies' sterling silver Christian necklaces.