Orders Are Currently Shipping Same/Next Day From Williamsburg, Virginia
September 05, 2017
It's back to school time! I must admit friend, I'm gleefully wild about Spring & Summer. But Fall...well, not so much. You see Fall sends us a warning that WINTER (go ahead, insert your own bum, bum, buuuum sound effect here) is coming. So to help ease the sting of the oncoming season of frostbite, I decided to compile a list of reasons to be thankful for Fall. In need of a Fall pick-me-up? Here's a start...
At long last, it's time to enjoy...
1. the lingering scent of real wood burning fireplaces
2. brilliant blue skies & fiery red sunsets
3. new fuzzy warm slippers
4. flannel sheets fresh from the dryer
5. hayrides with toddlers - just trust me on this one, find a wagon that has toddlers on board
6. Carter's Mountain in Charlottesville, Virginia. I'm telling you folks...they fry fresh warm apple cider doughnuts and sprinkle them with sugar! It's worth the trip, but if the drive is too far, visit your local pick-your-own apple farm.
7. roasting slippery seeds plucked one by one from mounds of squishy pumpkin guts
8. cinnamon spice scented soap (yep, see number 7)
9. creating construction paper cut out hand-print turkeys to share or post on the fridge
10. homemade pumpkin spice cookies, and whatever other pumpkin spice goodies you'd like to throw in for good measure
11. roasting marshmallows for smores by the fire-pit on starlit nights
12. fluffy feather-beds
13. steamy hot cocoa topped with chocolate drizzled whipped cream and itty bitty marshmallows
14. the mesmerizing glow of flickering candles
15. Friday night high-school football games
16. spending time with the neighbors during the annual chili cook-off
17. crunching crisp fallen leaves under your feet
18. sunlight filtered through autumn hued colored leaves
19. steamy hot chicken soup with warm buttered bread
20. soaking in a tub filled with bubbly warm water after a chilly brisk walk
21. flying flocks of honking geese (you know...rumor has it those birds are flying south for winter...you think maybe they're on to something?)
Are you reminded you of a few of your own Fall favorites? I'd love to hear what you would add to the list and invite you to leave a note in the comment section below. Let's make the most of the days ahead while they last!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." Albert Camus
"Give thanks to the Lord,, for He is good; His love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34
January 09, 2020
August 01, 2019
July 25, 2019