SHIPPING UPDATE - Orders Are Currently Shipping Same/Next Day From Williamsburg, Virginia
July 15, 2015
T-shirts can express your unique personality, sense of humor, interests, beliefs, ideals, or sadly, let everyone know what color Popsicle you just enjoyed. Thank goodness for Tide! Your favorite t-shirts can bring to mind happy memories of days gone by and elicit feelings of supremely relaxed comfort. Here are a few fun t-shirt facts to help you appreciate the everlasting goodness of this classic American must have for every wardrobe!
1. In 1920, the Merriam Webster Dictionary officially added the word "t-shirt", so named for the shape of its outline. The t-shirt soon became an eudaemonic fashion trend. That's a real word...we looked it up!
2. In 1938, Sears and Roebuck first sold t-shirts, which they called "gob" or sailor shirts, for a whopping 24 cents each. The first ever federal hourly wage minimum was introduced as law that same year at 25 cents an hour.
3. The first promotional t-shirts were printed as collectible souvenirs for the movie The Wizard of Oz in 1939. If you happen to come across one today, you can pave your way to retirement with gold and follow your own yellow brick road.
4. Plain, tight-fitting white t-shirts became popularized in the 1950's by ruggedly handsome movie stars such as James Dean, Marlon Brando, and John Wayne. Prior to the 1950's, t-shirts were still considered undergarments, so these stars created quite a buzz for wearing their undies in public. Those rebels!
5. The average American now owns about 30 t-shirts. All combined, that's enough t-shirts to circle the globe 34 times! You likely have a few favorites that you've been keeping stashed away in your closet since high-school and plan on keeping forever.
6. Oh, happy day...June 21st, 2008 marked the debut of International T-Shirt Day.
7. Since 2011, Sanath Bandara of Sri Lanka holds the world record for wearing the most t-shirts at one time. It took 1 hour, 7 minutes, and 3 seconds to put on all 257 shirts. It takes about 6 miles of yarn to make one t-shirt, so all together that's 1,542 miles of yarn!
8. The record for most t-shirts folded in one minute is held by Graeme Cruden of the UK. You will definitely want to invite this guy over on laundry day...he can fold a whopping 23 tees per minute!
9. There are over 18,500 cotton farms in the U.S.A. The great state of Texas produces the most cotton in the U.S.A. with 5, 215 acres of cotton fields. Yes, everything really is bigger in Texas! Just one acre of a cotton field can yield enough fluffy white snowballs to create 1,200 t-shirts.
10. Over 2 billion t-shirts are sold world-wide every year! Looking to add something new to your t-shirt collection? Clothed with Truth carries a wide variety of classic and current Christian t-shirt designs from Kerusso and Cherished Girl. We welcome you to visit us online at clothedwithtruth.com!
January 09, 2020
August 01, 2019
July 25, 2019